Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thursday’s Top Five

Griffin will be 11 weeks old tomorrow. Here are my top five baby items at this stage:
1. Burp Rags
No… not the cute burp rags. Those are only for public outings. ha! I love the cheap Gerber cloth diapers that I use as burp rags. Griffin spits up at least once after almost every feeding. Sometimes it’s a little, other times it can be a lot, so I always have one handy!

2. Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets
These are the BEST blankets. Griffin is a big boy, and most of the receiving blankets just don’t cut it. I swaddle him from his armpits down. The boy does not like having his arms trapped! Griffin also gets super hot, so these are lightweight enough to keep him warm but not too hot.

3. Aveeno Eczema Therapy Cream

This cream is so wonderful. When I left the hospital, they told me I could not put any lotion on Griffin’s face. After two weeks, his poor skin was so dry on his face. It was broken out and looked so pitiful. Finally, I got online and did some research and decided to try this lotion out. Within days, his skin was SO much better. When I started using Aveeno’s oatmeal bath wash, it was even better. Griffin’s delicate skin cannot handle anything from Johnson and Johnson.

4. A+D Diaper Rash Cream with Zinc Oxide

Griffin had diaper rash for weeks. It looked awful. His bottom was so red and angry.  I tried Butt Paste, the orginal A+D, and a number of other creams. Nothing worked. Right before his two month check-up, my mom picked this up at Target for him. It was a life-saver! (or a butt saver…)

5.  Medela’s Breast Pump

When my milk finally came in, I felt like I could feed an army! This pump was an essential, and still is! Now that Griffin is sleeper longer periods at night, I have been pumping and have a good stock pile in the freezer. I love that I can pump him a bottle and can be free for a few hours. It’s wonderful to be able to pump for those rare date nights with the hubs!
So I have a few more than five… haha! Here’s a few more:

6. Changing Table

I almost didn’t get this. My thought was… “Oh I can change him on the floor or bed or where-ever.” Stupid. I use this table ALL the time. Love it!

7. Fisher Price Luv-U-Zoo Bouncer

Griffin loves this bouncer. The past few weeks, he’s really gotten into playing with and batting at the toys. I need to put some batteries in it so it will play music when he pulls the green toy. He can literally spend an hour in this thing. The first month, he even took a lot of his naps in this.

And finally…. Griffin’s favorite paci.
MAM - Trends Silicone Pacifier with Trends Clip 2-Pack, Blue
We tried SO many pacifiers, and the MAM brand is his favorite by far. I’m not sure why so many people are against pacis… But if Griffin likes it, keeps him calm, soothes him, and keeps him quiet in church, I’m all for it!!
There are other great baby products, but these are my top eight by far!

And just for good measure, here is a picture of my little boy at the 4th grade track meet two weeks ago.

Presh.

No comments: