Saturday, May 26, 2012

So behind!

I have so much to catch up on… my first Mother’s Day, Griffin’s dedication, my week back at work, and a first for baby G!
So first, three weeks ago was a very special day for me… my first Mother’s Day. I was SO excited to be able to celebrate this special holiday with my boys and family. The day before, Brandon gave me the best gift to date (besides Griffin of course)! Just to give some background, Bran does not have a stellar gift-giving track record. In fact, we’ve been together for seven years and I have yet to receive a birthday gift. Gah! But he pulled through and gave me something I’ve been wanting for awhile… an iPad!
036
As you can see, I’m way too “connected” these days!!
We drove up on Sunday to celebrate with my mom and her side of the family. She made a delicious lunch and strawberry pie for dessert. It was awesome. I hope I can be half the mom and woman that she is. My mom is truly the best!
image
Let’s see…. That week Griffin got his three month pictures taken by a sweet photographer here in town. He was so serious the entire time and would NOT smile, but she managed to get some cute pictures. My school celebrated their 25th year. Zach Hocker, the Razorback kicker, made an appearance since that was his former elementary school. He is our local celebrity! That Saturday, Griffin went to his first “friend’s” birthday party. Our youth pastor’s son celebrated his first birthday. It was outside and so HOT, so we couldn’t stay too long. Instead, we went to Shoe Carnival and Hibbetts. I got a new pair of sandals and some work out clothes, while Bran bought a new pair of Nike Shocks. Way too expensive if you ask me!!
Sunday, the 20th, was another special day for my family. Griffin was dedicated at church. Pastor Morris said many kind and inspiring words, and Griffin did wonderful on stage. He was tired and fussy right before we went up, so I thought he would have a melt down, but he was a champ.
Griffin's Dedication 004
Griffin's Dedication 009
Griffin's Dedication 012



The best Nana and Papa!
We were supposed to go to Bran’s parent’s house for lunch afterwards, but his grandpa got sick and had to go to the ER that morning. My parents ended up taking us out to eat at McAlisters. I love that place!!!
The next day was super sad… It was Griffin’s first day at the babysitters. I had 12 amazing weeks off with my baby, but I had to go back to work the last week of school. It is going to be so hard and exhausting being a working mom come August. Griffin has a wonderful babysitter. I feel so fortunate to have found her, but I’m still sad that I will miss so much. He went to the sitters Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I smuggled him in to school with me on Thursday and Friday. And thank goodness I did!!! Because on Friday (May 25), he rolled over for the first time!
image
He’s been working on this for at least a month! He finally made it all the way over. I’m so proud!
Wednesday, our fourth graders were promoted to fifth grade, so a lot of kids didn’t come back to school on Thursday and Friday. Promotion is always bittersweet. I will miss this group of kids so much. They were an awesome class! Next year, I will be in third and will loop with my class. That promotion will be extra hard after spending two years with those babies!
Last night, we went to the Gotcher’s house to celebrate the end of another successful school year. Griffin got a lot of extra loving. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people that love him and are willing to help me with him. Being away from my mom and family can be hard, but having such a great support system eases the pain.
I am leaving out so many details over the past three weeks. So much has happened. I can write at least five different posts that I’ve crammed into this one. I must do better!! I’ll leave you with some pictures.
Phone Pics 633
Even Griffin has his moments. Ha!
Phone Pics 680Phone Pics 681
Funny story about my homemade Moby wrap.
I must remember to tell that later…
Phone Pics 684
New picture wall
Phone Pics 685
Just hanging out with Momma!
Phone Pics 691
My Project Life kit came in! Must post about this too!
Phone Pics 707Phone Pics 709Phone Pics 738
Just a few of my favorites.
3 month post coming up….

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love reading your posts. They really help me feel a part of and feel like I stay connected. You will love that you did this years down the road!