Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I am so excited for this year. I think it will be the best one yet for Bran and me. 2010 was a pretty good year as well though. I was trying to think of all of the highlights from last year…. paying off the truck, developing a financial plan with the hubs, starting my masters, beginning my third year teaching, and Bran won his two mma fights. I have also enjoyed playing with my little nephews Drew and Jaxon. They are both at an incredible age. God was awesome to us in 2010.
I have a few resolutions for this new year. However, I don’t feel like sharing all of them. The biggest is, of course, losing some weight. Since I will be in Hawaii in six months, I have some fantastic motivation. In fact, my friend Dara is coming to my house every morning at 6 am to do Zumba. I have also been working out after school with some other teachers. We have been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. My other biggie is reading the Bible through in a year. Bran and I tried last year, but we failed. Hopefully we will do better this year!
To ring in the new year, some of my girlfriends came over to my house. I made some potato soup for dinner, then we went bowling. I hate bowling. Mostly because I am a terrible bowler and partly because it hurts my hand. But we had fun nonetheless. We came back to the house and indulged in some chocolate fondue, played Catchphrase, watched the ball drop, and had a dance party. It was great fun. God has blessed me with some truly special relationships. I am so grateful.
bowling 2bowlingdance 2dance 3dance 4dance 5
dance
Good times… Good times…
And for good measure, here is a recent picture of Mason and me.
IMG_4170
IMG_4186IMG_4176
I hope God blesses each and everyone of you this new year!

No comments: