Saturday, January 29, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I have been on overdrive since Thursday. I am leaving Monday for my trip to Orlando. I am super excited to go, but I have so much to finish here at home before I leave. It all started Thursday. I had a meeting after school with the rest of the teachers going to Orlando. I had to drive all the way into town for the hour long meeting then drive all the way back to school. I didn’t leave work until after 6:00! I haven’t done that since my first semester of teaching. Getting sub plans ready for one day is hard enough. Planning for an entire week is torture!
Friday I started the day with an interview at Central Office for summer school. It lasted all of three minutes. We had a fun day on Friday, but again, I didn’t leave school until after 5:00. That’s soooo late for a Friday!! I usually am out by 3:45!
Today I woke up and went straight to school (about 9:00). I finished typing up my plans for each day and got everything ready. I hope I didn’t forget anything! My sub is teaching long multiplication. That is such a hard skill for fourth graders, and they usually get very frustrated. I am praying that this year they will ALL just “get it.” After I finished my plans, I came home and worked for a couple of hours on my graduate school homework. This class is much harder than my previous two. I have a 90% so far and that makes me nervous!
Bran went duck hunting this morning while I was tying up all my loose ends. He was ready for a nap when he got home. After I finished up my homework, we laid down and slept for almost three hours. It was lovely. We then went to his parents house to eat pizza and a cookie cake for Bran’s birthday. Our nephew Jaxon was there. He is two and is absolutely hilarious. After the party, we ran to TJ Maxx to return a dress I bought. I then bought a new bag to take as a carry-on, a new purse, dress, and Bran got a new hat and sweatshirt. We also had to make another stop to get a friend’s birthday gift. Our last stop was Hastings so Bran could rent a movie he wanted.
When we finally got home, I started laundry and cleaning. There is no way I can leave for Florida with my house a disaster. And it truly is a disaster. Ever since our bathroom renovation, I haven’t exactly gotten it all cleaned up and together.
Speaking of my bathrooms, they are almost done! In the master, I just need a rug and the trim put back up. In the hallway bath, I need trim and a mirror. So here are the pictures!
Master:
011009
014017
015012
019020
Hallway:
022025
024023
It makes me so happy that is SO close to being completely finished!!!!
So now it is almost midnight. I am about to take my weekly test for my class. Tomorrow, I will have to take my mid-term. I am nervous about that. After church, I am going to have to do all of my laundry, clean the entire house, bake an apple pie, buy groceries for Bran, and pack. *sigh* I guess I can always sleep on the plane! I just wish those progress reports would fill themselves out!

2 comments:

Gina said...

So glad you found time to post! I love you. Hope you have a wonderful time in Florida. We are supposed to get freezing rain and snow. I wish I were as productive as you. I always say I need you here to be my motivator. Have fun. I have been praying for you. Please let me know when you arrive and are on the ground.

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm stressed just reading this... Your bathrooms turned out great! I love the master shower! Have fun on your trip... I'm so jealous! :)