Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Surprise!

My hubby is so thoughtful… or maybe after six years of  complaining, he has finally realized that I like to celebrate my birthday! Ha!
Since my birthday is so close to Christmas, I rarely receive any birthday gifts. This is especially true as I have gotten older. Now, I know that sounds so selfish of me, but please know that I don’t expect a gift from everyone! As long as Brandon remembers and my family remembers, I’m cool. I have also rarely been able to celebrate my day because people are so busy even after the holiday season. This is just something I have come to accept… haha. Bran has actually never given me a birthday present in the six years we have been together! I reminded him of that many times this year, so he decided to do something about it. He threw me a surprise birthday party last night! It was a lot of fun to be able to hang out with our friends.
Here are some photos that my friend Jen took. She is the same girl that took are Christmas photos.
surprise!
This is my “I wish I would've wore something cuter” face.
the girls
Jen, Cathryn, Megan, Me, and Katie
We are only missing Candy… She came later.
They are all great friends!
yuck!
My birthday face?
cake 2cake
cake 3
Dairy Queen ice cream cakes are the best!
The DavisThe Caldwells
A couple of the couples
buddies 2buddies
Great teacher friends
I wish I had a picture of me and the hubs. He really is a sweetie.
It was a great birthday gift!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Hooray for a surprise party and for Brandon!

Tiffany said...

Kristin,
Looks like you had a great surprise party. What a great guy your husband is. Happy Belated Birthday! I also just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year! I'm so happy we've been able to become friends through our blogs this year. Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011!
Love,
Tiffany