Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Few Changes

Our bathrooms are soooooooooo close to being completed! The last little bits are actually up to us. We have to seal the grout, hang the curtain in the master, paint another coat in each bathroom, sand and paint the vanities, and install the trim. I am hoping to get most of that completed this weekend. We’ll see…. With my master courses starting this week and a big load of school stuff to complete, I am a busy girl. Thankfully we have Monday off for MLK day.

001
Here’s the masterpiece! I am so pleased with the way it turned out!!

Our contractor helped Bran install our new dining room light that Bran bought me for Christmas. It was a pain to install… However, it looks even better than I thought it would!! He is only charging me a homemade apple pie and a gallon of BlueBell ice cream for his electrical work.

003

This isn’t the best picture… but you get the idea! Our dining area just entered 2011. ha! Now we just have to patch the hole in our ceiling from the old fixture… Um… I will be googling that later!

In other news, I have some great opportunities coming up in
my career. I have been invited to a technology conference in Orlando with a few other people in my district at the end of this month. I’m super excited about that. Today I found out I will even get my own room! I know I will learn all about amazing ways to use technology in my classroom and make some new friends. I have to lead a parent meeting at my school when I get back. Hopefully that will go well!  Also, I got an email from our region’s co-op. I taught a class there last summer. I don’t know exactly what will eventually pan out, but I have some amazing opportunities with that connection. I hate to add more work to my already full plate, but it’s so hard to say no to things you love to do… Just pray that it will all work out!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Bathroom looks great! As does the light. Exciting opportunities too. Again very proud of you.