Monday, December 27, 2010

Celebrations

Christmas was fantastic! We were able to celebrate with both my family and Bran’s family. Christmas Eve Eve we went to my parent’s house. I spent the night playing with my little nephew Drew. I wish I would’ve snapped some photos of him because he is absolutely precious. I also wish I could spend more time with him because he is so much fun at this age. Christmas Eve was spent at the house with my family. We went to my Grandma’s house for dinner. Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents at my parents, then went to my aunt’s house to eat breakfast and open more presents. Lunch was back at mom’s house and more present opening. We left that afternoon to make it back home to spend Christmas night with Bran’s family. His mom made a delicious dinner and there was even more opening of gifts. I had so much fun! I am very blessed with such a great Christian family.
Today is my 25th birthday. I feel so old! I am halfway to 50!! Bran took the day off to spend it with me. We ate breakfast at ihop. I had the most yummy chocolate chip pancakes. I then went to Hobby Lobby to find some deals. They were pretty much cleaned out though… I was so disappointed. I did buy some Christmas lights, extension cord, and timer for 50% off! I then went to Lowes and spent my birthday and Christmas money on door knobs and paint. Bran hauled off some junk from our garage while I painted our patio doors. He also hauled off a dresser and nightstand to a friend. We took that money from the furniture and ate at Chilis for my birthday dinner. It was so good! However, our check engine light came on, so we spent the rest of the night at AutoZone buying some parts to fix my car. That wasn’t fun!
I am so excited about this year. Even though I hate that my birthday it so close to Christmas, it is nice that it is close to New Years. It’s like I get to make New Years and Birthday resolutions. Ha! Bran and I were talking about what we are looking forward to this upcoming year and I was reminded how truly blessed I am. We are expecting God to do some great things in 2011!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Just a wonderful post!