Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bran, Mason, and I took our Christmas card photos today with my friend, Jen. She is one of the sweetest people I know! She is a great photographer and has a heart of gold. I can’t wait until she edits them so I can order my free Christmas cards from Shutterfly!
I made Thanksgiving dinner for Bran’s family yesterday since we were with my family for the holiday. I cooked a ham, dressing, rolls, corn, green beans, sweet potato soufflĂ©, and homemade mashed potatoes. It was so yummy! I also baked an apple pie and pumpkin pie for dessert. I can’t wait until Bran and I get a bigger house with a dining room to do more entertaining. I love cooking for other people. I’m not a chef or anything, but it’s a lot of fun.
Bran’s aunt and uncle brought us our Christmas present from Bran’s parents… new doors! They are currently in my in-laws garage, but we will install them soon. I need to call the trash place to get a dumpster out here. We need somewhere to put our old doors. Along with new doors, our friend is coming out to look at our shower soon. It has a crack in the base and hasn’t been used for almost six months. Hopefully he has a solution for us that won’t cost an arm and a leg.
I’m out of grad school until January. I’m super excited that I don’t have any homework for a month! This time at school is so hectic. We have a ton of Christmas activities for the kids and three chunk tests in the next two weeks. I’m looking forward to our Christmas party and caroling and pajama day. It is a fun time of year for both the kids and me!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I always loved this time of the year in the classroom. The children were always so excited and there were so many fun activities to do with them! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. That is exciting that you have new doors! I want new ones so badly and hoping for some maybe next year. Have a great day!