Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Vacation!

It was so nice today not going up to school to get ready for this upcoming week. Instead, I was able to take a nice Sunday afternoon nap after church. It would’ve been better if Bran could’ve joined me, but of course he went to train. He might be fighting again in February. He’s still not home… He had to do a little bit of work today too. That boy is always so busy.
Fortunately, he made some time for me yesterday! We spent the entire day in Little Rock. First, we finished up our Christmas shopping at the mall. I do NOT like Little Rock. The traffic was horrible and the people were weird. Thank goodness for our GPS or we would’ve been so lost. I found some fantastic pictures on clearance from Kirklands. Even though I wasn’t supposed to be buying for me, I couldn’t resist.
IMG_4131IMG_4132
That’s right! Only $4.97! I bought two: one for each bathroom! Now I just have to go and pick some nails up so I can hang them. We also bought some curtains for our bedroom from JC Pennys. We have talked about getting some, and I think waiting two years for curtains is long enough! Bran is just happy it’s not bright in our room in the mornings.
After shopping, we went to the Tran Siberian Orchestra concert at the Verizon Arena. They played all of the traditional Christmas carols with a rock-and-roll twist. It was awesome. I wish I had some pictures to post, but cameras were strictly prohibited.
We ate dinner at Carinos. I had a Chicken Parmesan Panini. It was yummy. However, the french fries they served with it were to die for. I actually ate the mound of french fries and took the panini home. haha! We had a great time together. It was nice to have all of my husbands attention. However, he really is not a good shopping partner.
One thing on my to-do list for my two weeks off is to get my new doors painted. I only have 2.5 done so far. They take FOREVER to paint.
IMG_4133
Here is one that is finished. The door knob and hinges have an oil rubbed bronze finish. All the other finishes in my house are satin nickel… The new knobs were free though, so they will work for now!
IMG_4134 IMG_4135
IMG_4136Here is our door that still needs paint!
IMG_4124
And I just thought I would throw this picture in from Bran’s fight last week!

No comments: