Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What a Day!

I had a normal day today. Except, it wasn't normal. I know that doesn't make sense. haha Let me explain. The very first thing one of my students told me this morning was "(a student) broke his neck!" I was so worried about him. Thankfully, the little guy showed up late to school (he was absent the day before) with a neck brace on and some pain meds.

Then the kids went to Music and P.E. They were happy when they left. They came back sweaty, stinky, and crying. (Which reminds me that I NEED to order a Scentsy for my room!) In P.E. they had to run a mile. Needless to say, that didn't make them happy! I had a little boy in the bathroom throwing a fit. When I say a fit, I mean a fit! It was crazy. I shouldn't go into a lot of detail on here though. He's a sweet boy. While I was calming him down, I had a little girl in my room who was having trouble breathing. It was a crazy 30 minutes after they came back.

And to top it all off, after recess, another sweet kid came in puking. Oh, a day in the life of a teacher. So all of these occurances are very normal. However, I usually don't deal with all of them on the same day.

I was looking forward to spending a quiet and relaxing evening with my hubby. He was doing the umpire thing tonight though. After he's finished with that, he has to go back to work. Bummer.... Maybe tomorrow. I am still enjoying a relaxing night. I graded most of my end-of-year reading assessments. Tonight is the best TV night as well: American Idol, Glee, The Hills, and The City. Love!

I made my own deodorant yesterday. I'll tell you about that later.

No comments: