Friday, April 23, 2010

My Week

I'm so thankful it is finally the weekend! I went to an "Aspiring Principals" workshop today.... It was interesting. It confirmed my desire to NOT ever be a principal. ha! I just do not think I am cut out for that job. My feelings would be continuously hurt, and I think I would be a micromanager. That is definitely not a good thing for a principal to be. So, that's that.

Something that was really neat about the conference today was I got to meet my alma mater's new elementary principal for next year. I gave her the inside info on the town she is about to move to. I love meeting new people! It's so much fun to hear their stories, and know their visions for the future. However, I think people get tired of me being in their group because I have a hard time focusing on the assignments. I would much rather visit and be social.

In our Financial Peace class tonight, we learned about saving for retirement. It was so over my head. All I know is if Dave Ramsey would just contact me personally, we could be millionaires by the time we retire. I am patiently awaiting his call....Surely I am at the top of his priority list.... Surely....

I have a new home improvement project that I want to do. My school district is giving us an end-of-year bonus. I'm hoping it will buy the materials needed for a new shower in our master bath. I won't even step in the shower now. It is for real gross. I mean, it was gross when we moved in. My mother-in-law cleaned it pretty well though. However, Bran has just made it more nasty because he won't clean it! So, I'm just going to replace it with the help of some friends, and of course, my dad and maybe my brother. It's definitely time!

Have you tried these??

If not, go get some. They are sooooo good! I seriously work with the best people. Our focus teacher knows my love for these coconut m&m's. And she should because she is the one that got me addicted! On Thursday morning, a BOX of 24 packages of this chocolaty goodness was awaiting me on my desk. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......... perfection. I asked the "Coconut Fairy" how much I owed her. Her response, "The Coconut Fairy never requires payment. Simply share with those you love." She really is one of the sweetest people I know. If you live close to me and would like to try some, just come find me! I have a lot to share!

No comments: