Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Phase Two

Wow. I'm pretty stinkin' impressed with myself. haha And, surprisingly, Bran is too! Here are our "new" countertops after phase two. They're still not completed.... That step is coming tonight!


Almost there. This was about 11:30 last night. Note to self: It's never a good idea to stay up past midnight on a school night, especially during Benchmark week!







I didn't do so good on the backsplash. The corners were sooooo hard to paint.


I think they look better in person than in pictures. But you get the idea! I think it looks WAY better than our old countertops! It gives our kitchen a more updated look. I am curious to see how they will hold up to normal use... It should last us until we get all our debt paid off and can save some money to get new countertops. I was not expecting to paint from 7:30pm - 12:00am. It took forever. However, patience is a virtue, and I think it paid off. Tonight, I will apply the two coats of sealer. Tomorrow, I will be able to take the tape off. In a couple of weeks, I can put my stuff back on top. I'm SO glad the hard part is over!

No comments: