Sunday, April 11, 2010

Countertops - Phase One

So in an effort to save some money, yet have a pretty home, I am painting our nasty, fake "butchertop" countertops. My dad bought me the Giani Countertop Paint kit, and today I finally had the time to try it out! I was incredibly NERVOUS at first. This is not exactly my forte!


I didn't exactly dress up for the occasion. haha

Step One: Clear off the countertops.



Step Two: Clean them VERY well.



Step Three: Remove any gross caulk.

(Which means I have to repaint the wall now.... grrrrr....)

Step Four: Re-caulk (after going to Lowe's and trying to figure out the dumb caulking gun which resulted in a call to my dad.)



Step Whatever: Tape



AND NOW - I'm ready to go!!!


My heart was racing.


No turning back now.


Half-way there.




Finished with Phase One!!!

Yikes! Tomorrow, I'll make it look like granite. Well, that's the plan anyways.

1 comment:

Gina said...

You crack me up! Very anxious to see the finished product.