Sunday, August 29, 2010

Update on the Dave Ramsey Plan

I regularly crunch our numbers. I seriously think it’s so much fun. ha! It must come from my momma. Bran and I are doing SO good sticking to our budget. It is amazing to see our debt shrink little by little each month. We graduated from Financial Peace University in February…. 6 months ago. In March, I posted that we had around $17,000 in debt. I am happy to report that that number has shrunk to $10,000! Woohoo! We are on our way! And what is even better…. I am able to get $5,000 of that $10,000 forgiven thanks to a teacher loan forgiveness program. That is exciting!

However, since I am starting graduate school, I will be adding another $5,000 to the total. But that’s ok with me since I will be making more money after I graduate. Not only have we paid off a big chunk, we have saved a big chunk for a wonderful vacation next summer. Exciting times in the Motley household! God is so faithful!
engagement 2

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so exciting! Shawn and I have read Total Money Makeover and he is currently reading Financial Peace. Dave Ramsey is the greatest! Congrats on getting into grad school. What are you getting your master's in?

Megan said...

I love your new, bright colors! Ryan has read TMM too many times, but I never have. lol.

Tiffany said...

I want and NEED to do the Dave Ramsey plan. I'm so happy to hear of your successes with it! It's inspiring me to get a move on and enroll in one of the online Financial Peace courses. Thank you!

Gina said...

Congratulations! Still so proud of you! Kristin - numbers - fun??? Whoo-Hoo! You are my child. Love ya.

Kristin said...

Megan, I am getting my masters through ASU Jonesboro's online program. It's in Educational Theory and Practice. I'm excited!

Megan, thank you! And you should read TMM. It's awesome!

Tiffany, you will have to keep us all updated on your blog when you start FPU! I want to know all about it!

Mom, ha! Love you too!

Unknown said...

Oh that's funny because I was supposed to start my masters in August from ASU but I was getting mine in Curriculum and Instruction. I decided to hold off until next June because I was nervous about starting at the beginning of the school year, especially with a baby, and too my first class was Statistics! Yikes!!!