Saturday, August 7, 2010

Faithful

My Lord is so very faithful. Bran and I have had a hard summer. Ever since starting Financial Peace, we have been hit with a lot of unexpected financial stuff. Well, this past week, our house was broken into. They took our computer, wii, camera, cell phone, and one of my husband’s guns that his late grandfather left him. They also took poor Bran’s deodorant, cologne, and tennis shoes. Wierdos. I felt so defeated. Why us? We are good people trying to do the right thing.
My mom was so great through all of this. She reminded me it’s just stuff that can be replaced, and of the fact that it could’ve been a whole lot worse. I had a lot of friends that offered so much encouragement as well. We have A LOT of great people that love us. I am so very grateful.
Well I am definitely out of my funk today!! My mom came down and completely surprised me! It was so nice to see her and get a hug. She brought me a little surprise too! I seriously have the best parents.
So, long story short, God is so good. And I know there was a lesson to be learned, or  many lessons, throughout this summer. 
 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments: