Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Sea of Balls

IMG_0229
Here they are! My new chair balls. I was nervous about how the kids would use them, but they did great! The first lesson I taught this year was how to sit on a chair ball. ha!
IMG_0238
The first day of school was fantastic. I have another great group of kids. There are just so many of them! My line seemed to go on and on and on in the hallway.
IMG_0230
My SMARTboard worked for about twenty minutes before it died. That is so incredibly frustrating! I had to go down and get a projector from the library. Hopefully that will be fixed sometime. It’s hard to teach without it.
I am working on my classroom website. I am pretty excited about that!! I will share the link with you as soon as it is finished.
I am completely exhausted. I always forget how hard the first day of school is. I wish I could post some pictures of my sweet students. It was so funny to see how frightened they were entering the room, the excitement when seeing the chair balls, and how exhausted they were by the end of the day. In a lot of ways, they mirrored my emotions! Can’t wait for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So...I'm curious. Did your school pay for these or did you use your classroom money? How have your kids done with them so far?

Kristin said...

My school paid for them. We had some extra money left over at the end of last year.

My kiddos have done really well with them! I have been plesantly surprised. One other teacher in the building ordered a classroom set. She teaches fourth grade as well, and she has had a couple of students ask for regular chairs. I don't think a single student of mine would give theirs away even if I offered them a ton of candy. haha It's still early in the year though.

Kristin said...

pleasantly*