Sunday, April 14, 2013

Wonderful Weekend!

Wow! What a great weekend we had at my parent’s house. It was desperately needed…

One of my sweet boys wrote me this note on Friday afternoon. I cried. He’s been known as a behavior problem in the past, but I would seriously take him home with me any day. I love that kid. I remind myself that this is why I teach. This letter could not have come at a better time!

I was ready to get away after an extremely stressful work week. We headed up to Omaha after school on Friday.

Drew and Audrey were at Nana’s house too. They are SO much fun! Audrey finally decided she liked Griffin and even played with him. Brandon made some bubble solution and blew bubbles with Drew in the kitchen. I’m sure Nana loved that!

Saturday was spent at home. I love the peace and quiet on the farm there. Bran and I got up and ran since I missed Saturday’s WCR clinic. I really should do a post about that soon! I had a 12 minute mile, which isn’t great, but better than staying at home on the couch!

We took Griffin up to see my grandpa’s baby goats that afternoon. Griffin rode in the ranger for the first time. I think he loved it! However, when Bran started driving through the field, I didn’t love it so much. There was nothing to hold on to except for Griffin, and I was afraid I was going to fly out of that thing!

Nana also had a photo shoot with Baby G.

Those little Carhart overalls, camo boots and onesie, and Carhart hat were killing me with cuteness! He looked like a little hunter. He just needed a little toy gun!

That evening, Bran and I got away for a few hours. We ate a burger at Freddys. They have the best french fries eva! We made a quick trip to Target for some Boogie Wipes for G. I don’t know what we would do without those things! Afterwards, we walked around the Landing and ate some delish ice cream from Marble Slab. Divine.

OH! And I bought a pair of jean capris from Kohls in my pre pregnancy size! AND they were half off! woot woot

If Saturday wasn’t crazy enough, I went to my sister’s house at 8:45 that night and she fixed my hair! I have a slight ombre going on now.

This is by far the longest my hair has EVER been!

Today, we got up and went to Silver Dollar City. My wonderful mom kept Griffin again. I will be eternally grateful. Bran and I have had very little alone time, so to be able to get away again… It was heaven.

Their new roller coaster is AMAZING!!!! Seriously, it’s one of the best I’ve ever been on, and I’ve ridden a ton of coasters. Bran and I were both thoroughly impressed!

So now I’m back at home relaxing on my big comfy couch. Seriously, best weekend. Good for the soul.

No comments: