Friday, October 28, 2011

Out with the old!

I have had a wonderful day off! Since conferences were this week, today was a flex day. The only thing that would make it better would  be if Bran was home tonight. He is playing Jesus in our church’s Hell House production. Bran was on the front page of the newspaper today in the Heaven scene. He always makes the paper when he puts on that Jesus costume! He won’t be home until after 11:00 tonight, tomorrow night, and Monday night. It makes me so sad. Good thing I have my crazy dog to watch over Griffin and me.
Anyways, I had my doctor’s appointment this morning. Everything was great except I put on a ton of weight this month! I have to watch what I’m eating a little more closely. Then I went to a carpet store to look at some rugs for our living room and Griffin’s room, went to Hobby Lobby for a project, then to Lowes and Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. It was great to be able to actually have the time to get some stuff done. When I got home, I had to take a Statistics test. Gag. So glad today is my last day of this class. I only have one more test left then I am home-free!
After my test, I worked on transferring my clothes to my new closet! We have a weird alcove in our master bedroom that was a complete waste of space. I wanted my dad to turn it into a closet for me, but since I’m not his favorite, I just had to make do with whatever Bran and I could do on our own. We bought an organizer at Lowe’s, and Bran did a wonderful job installing it for me. It took him forever, but everything is nice and level and sturdy. And the best part, we did it together and didn’t argue at all! lol Usually projects like that can make our patience run thin with each other, but we did a good job.
Once I transferred all of my stuff, I worked on getting Bran’s stuff out of the nursery into my old closet. I really like how everything turned out! It’s much better use of space. It’s def not my “dream closet” but it most certainly does the job.
IMG_4893
The picture makes the curtains look silver, but they’re really blue.
IMG_4894

IMG_4895
The shelves completely eliminated my need for a dresser. Woohoo!
IMG_4896      IMG_4898
Two bags of trash and a bed full of clothes to donate to Teen Challenge! It feels so good to get rid of the old stuff!
IMG_4900
Bran’s new closet is nice and neat and organized! I give it a week before it’s destroyed!
And even with all my hard work, Griffin’s room still looks like this…
IMG_4901
I can’t believe I just posted this… but that’s real life! lol It has actually come so far! We have removed a treadmill, bed frame, and a bunch of other junk. Now to find a place for all of Bran’s hunting gear…. *sigh*

1 comment:

Gina said...

So glad you had a wonderful day! Love your closet even though I know it isn't what you wanted. Love you so much and am so proud of you. Your attitude is amazing, always seem to be making lemonade out of lemons. wish I could do that.