Thursday, November 18, 2010

Almost Done

This is has been a crazy week for sure. Last Friday my principal told me that a group of administrators from around the area as well as the creators of the Comprehensive Literacy Model from UALR would be observing my classroom on Tuesday. That made my stomach hurt basically all weekend. I was in a terrible mood… Sorry Mom. Monday was torture as well. Tuesday finally came. I had to speak in front of the group before they came into my room. I talked way too fast… but I just couldn’t stop. I bet they thought I was a young, stupid teacher. However, the observation went extremely well. I had a lot of positive feedback. My kids were amazed that 16 more adults could fit it our little classroom. They did so well. I was a very proud teacher, and a very relieved teacher after they left.
That night I had to go to the school board meeting. One of my kiddos was chosen as our Student of the Month. Needless to say, I took a double dosage of Nyquil that night and slept very well.
Wednesday night I stayed up to grade essays and to fill out my progress reports. My observer from the local university came today. She graded my Math papers for me. I was so incredibly thankful. I need an assistant. I would make an excellent assistant for other teachers.
Tomorrow I am having lunch with a group of teachers and our superintendent. It’s also Hog Wild About Books day at our school. We are supposed to wear a Razorback shirt. So I will be having lunch with the big guy in a Razorback shirt and jeans.
I have drank two bottles of Simply Orange juice. That is the best orange juice ever made. I accredit getting over this cold to that juice. It’s amazing.
Bran is taking me out of town to eat tomorrow night. We are going to eat at Chilis! I’m so excited. We haven’t made a trip to Chilis in a long time because it wasn’t in the budget. Since our truck is paid off now, we have a ton of extra money left in our budget. So we are going to have a date. Yea!

1 comment:

Gina said...

So glad to finally see an update. You failed to mention the awesome comment made by the director of elementary education for the entier Russellville School district! Yay orange juice! Beware of the Nyquil! Yay date night and Chillis. I love you.