Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lovely

Today was lovely. Bran had a ju-jitsu seminar today, so he left at 11:00 this morning. I had the whole day to myself. I picked up the house, did my laundry, caught up on my homework, and made a pumpkin pie. It’s nice to have a day just to chill. School has been so crazy busy. Parent-Teacher Conferences are coming up, so I’m trying to get report cards ready. I am not looking forward to conferences… I love meeting the parents of my students and talking with them, but I dread the 14 hour day. It makes the next day so hard to get up and get to work on time. The sad thing though is that I won’t even get all of my conferences in on the day we are supposed to. I meet with parents 3pm – 9pm, 15 minutes per conference, with only a 30 minute dinner. That’s only 22 spots and I have 24 kids. *sigh* That means I will be meeting on other days as well. However, I am going to stop whining because I am blessed to have a job I love! So there.
I found a pair of boots I want.
I asked my sweet husband for them. He said that they’re not in the budget. Bummer. Maybe that pumpkin pie I made tonight will soften him up.

No comments: