Monday, October 4, 2010

Franny K. Stein

Every year our library holds a pumpkin contest. Each classroom is in charge of decorating their pumpkin to resemble their favorite book character. My first year our book was A Bad Case of the Stripes. Last year we did Molly Lou Melon from Rotten Teeth. Both were super cute, but my class has yet to win! There is some serious stiff competition. I wish I had pictures to show you! My fellow teachers are so creative (or sometimes the mommas)!
This year my class chose Franny K. Stein as their inspiration. Here is the book from the series we chose.
Here is the Franny K. doll you can buy:
And now…. Here is our pumpkin!
IMG_4015
I think something is missing though… I just can’t put my finger on it. I would love to somehow put a body under her head with a lab coat. I’m just not sure how to do it… Any ideas?

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love it! Where did you find the purple hair? I wish I had a good suggestion as to how to put a lab coat under her. :(