Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Reflecting

Today our school district had panel interviews. I gave (or tried to anyways) advice to the interns at my school. It made me stop and reflect on that part of my life. Oh... How crazy was I to student teach, plan my wedding, graduate from college, and move permanently to a different town in the same semester! Bran and I signed a lease on our first apartment, which we could not afford. He was working with a roofing company, and I was jobless. What in the world were we thinking???

Looking back though, and even in that moment, I knew we were in God's perfect will. Everything seemed to just fall into place. I was hired shortly after spring break. That was such a relief, and allowed me to concentrate on the biggest day of my life. We were blessed financially with gifts from our wedding and my graduation. We made it through that first summer on that money before I started teaching. I still cannot believe I was hired out of the 90ish teachers who interviewed for the same job. I am still in awe of how prayer can truly work miracles! The advice I gave to those hopeful teachers.... pray!

On a different note, I have another observer this semester. Hopefully this girl will be better than the last two people who have been in my classroom. I seem to get the know-it-all or the I-don't-really-want-to-be-here people. Please local university... send me someone good!

AND... I could not believe what someone brought up in our bible study tonight..... DAVE RAMSEY! hahahahaha I went on and on and on. They probably don't want me to come back. I guess I am still so excited over my last post!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I can't wait to read this everyday. I feel like you are still here and it is like it used to be when we would just talk. Makes me still feel so apart of your life. I truly am disappointed when there isn't a new post. I love you. Mom