Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Progress

Spring break has been fabulous so far. The weather is unbelieveable! It is so warm, blue skies, nice breeze, and the Dogwoods are in bloom. B-E-A-UTIFUL! Since the weather has been so wonderful, Bran and I thought it would be an opportune time to tackle a dreaded yard project: taking out the sandbox. When we moved into our house, a year ago, there was a massive sand box in the middle of our yard. I don't know whose bright idea it was to do this, but it is horrendous. Not to mention, they did really shotty work! Here's the before picture:


Seriously???? WHO DOES THIS TO THEIR YARD???? It's really embarrassing!

First, I took up all those ugly pavement stones.



I have no idea what to do with them now though... Then, I went around and pulled up the rusty rebars. This is only part of them.



Then, I started to yank up the frame. I honestly thought I hurt my back.



So I started to whine and Brandon came to the rescue!


                          


He's so cute!



Now we have a huge stack of dirty, old lumber. We don't know what to do with it either. But hey... At least we got the frame out.

Oh yeah........... we still have the sand to deal with as well.....

:(

stupid sand box maker

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love your post. Your yard will look so much better when you are through.