Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Babywise

Since he was born, Griffin has nursed every two hours (beginning to beginning). That’s probably why he is a healthy 14 lbs at only 6 weeks!! I have attempted to change him to a 2.5 hour schedule with some success, but haven’t stuck with it because who wants to hear their baby cry!?!
Last week, I realized Griffin was not eating as much as he used to in the beginning. It made me think that he was eating every two hours simply because that was his routine. Yesterday, I stretched his times fairly easy to 2.5 to 3 hours. But today has been awesome!!! He has gone three hours every time relatively painless! It’s been amazing. I hope it lasts!
My dream schedule for Griffin at 6 weeks:
6:00 am – nurse and nap
9:00 am – nurse and start our day (play and nap)
12:00 pm – nurse and play
3:00 pm – nurse and nap
6:00 pm – nurse and play
8:00 pm – bath and bedtime stories
9:00 pm – nurse and bedtime! (And sleep all night!)
Griffin actually slept 8 hours the other night, but hasn’t done it since. I have realized that he needs to be in bed, or at least getting ready for bed, by 9. I’ve tried to keep him up late in hopes that he sleeps later, but that is not the case. If he stays up late, he thinks it’s still daytime and gets up many more times than if he went to sleep at 8 or 9.
Griffin is such an awesome baby. I could just eat him up!! We aren’t too far off from the ideal schedule I posted. I think we will get there soon. Consistency is key!  A routine will simplify not only my life and Brandon’s, but his as well. I think he will be an even more happy baby when he knows what to expect!
I love this picture! Even though he looks a tad c-r-a-z-y!

In other news, this is Benchmark week at school. I’m so not missing that stress. However, I miss my kids and my team and all my co-workers. I just got the news today from our Assistant Superintendent that my proposal was chosen to get iPads in my classroom for next year! I’m super excited and already have a lot of ideas running through my head!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I absolutely L.O.V.E. that picture! You are such a task orientated person: list maker and organizer and scheduler! I love it. Miss you so much!