Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spoiled Milk

So… apparently I can be quite the klutz. I was in a hurry for school yesterday morning, and quickly made my lunch: a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Well, it looked so delicious, I decided to just go ahead and eat it for breakfast! Of course you can’t have a pb&j without a huge glass of cold milk. I took an enormous bite of my sandwich as I headed out the door with my arms full of school stuff. I very gracefully got into my car and sat my filled-to-the-brim glass of milk on a not so stable surface to unload my stuff into the passenger side seat. Do you see where this is going?? Yes… it happened. My milk toppled over into the passenger side floor. It went e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. I just looked at it in awe at my silly mistake. I told myself over and over, “This will not ruin my day.” I rushed inside to get towels and the can of Resolve. I mopped as much of it up as possible. I sprayed Resolve everywhere, and I was off to school.
There was still a lot of milk in my floor. I simply didn’t have time to clean up properly. I paid dearly for this… It was over 90 degrees that day; probably over 100 in my car. And yes… the milk soured. And my car stinks. The smell slapped me in the face as I got in to go home that afternoon. GAG. It still stinks. I think it’s hopeless.
I’ve tried:
All have helped a little bit. However, there is still an undertone of spoiled milk. *sigh*

1 comment:

Megan said...

I spilled a gallon of sweet tea in my car on time a long, long time ago. ha. I know it's not the same, but still. I took it to the carwash because they have carpet shampooers.
Also, I taught personification yesterday and specifically gave the example, "the smell slapped me in the face." TOO funny that you said the same thing!