Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday’s Top Five–iPhone/iPad Apps

Today I am writing about my favorite iPhone and iPad apps on my personal devices. I was fortunate enough to be a part of a pilot group that field tested iPads in the classroom, so I will have to do another post about apps my students used on a regular basis.

1. Calendar on the iPhone and Cloud Calendar on the iPad

Seriously, where would my life be without my calendar!?! For some reason on my iPad, I could not get the Calendar app to sync with my school Gmail account. However, it managed to put ALL of my Facebook friends’ birthdays in there. So annoying. I bought the app Cloud Calendar for my iPad, and it is synced with my Gmail account. Love it!

2. Social Media Apps – Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest

Do I need to say more? I’m really loving Instagram these days! And Pinterest is making me want to be a stay-at-home momma! Only 12 more days until summer vaca!

3. Picstitch

Sometimes, I have like five photos I want to post. Turns out, people get really annoyed by clogging up their newsfeed with pointless pictures of your kid no matter how cute you think they are! ha! Picstitch is a wonderful and easy app to help me combine those photos into a collage.

4. Runkeeper

I LOVE this app! It keeps up with all my workouts, times, and routes all while letting me listen to my music.

5. MyFitnessPal

I need to be using this consistently, but I’m kinda hit and miss. I’m really good for a few days, then I’m really not so great. I love how it keeps me on track though when I am diligent!

No comments: