Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I took Mason on my walk this morning. He needed to get all his energy out because he stayed inside with me today. The heat index down here is a whopping 108! We left at 8:00 and didn't get back until 9:15 if that tells you anything. HA! Mase was ready to go, acting like a crazed dog at first. However, once we hit the half-mile mark, he decided he had had enough! So what did he do?? He just went over into the grass and plopped himself down. I sure wasn't moving this 105 lb dog anywhere. So we gave him a little rest, then he finally decided he could make it back Cathryn's house. There, we had to take another break. This time about 15 minutes! Finally, we made it home. The walk sure did the trick though! He was nice and calm all afternoon!

Greg, my father-in-law, helped me take Mason to the vet this afternoon. Mase is practically impossible to control in the car with just one person, and Bran was working. I am so thankful that I had some help! Mason has some kind of infection in his eye. I spent over $100 on his meds. *sigh* That was not in the budget!

I am leaving tomorrow to go to a teacher leader conference. My colleague and I have a presentation to give. I have been working on it for so long. I am glad it's here, and I will be even more happy when it is over!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

108 degrees, oh my! I hope you are managing to stay cool in some way! Pet medication is so expensive, it's ridiculous. Good luck at your conference.