Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful

Thanksgiving has come and gone. The food was amazing as always. I have spent the past week dwelling on how God has truly blessed my life. There is so much to be thankful for. Such as (in no particular order):
  • my Christian husband who would do anything for me
  • a Christian family
  • good relationships with my in-laws
  • my wonderful job
  • my friends
  • caramel apple spice drinks from Starbucks
  • my awesome church
  • a warm house
  • money in our bank account
  • plenty of food in our fridge
  • cars that run
  • all the great deals I found on Black Friday
I could go on and on. I watched True Life: I'm Homeless yesterday on MTV. It really was humbling. I watched people my age living on the streets. Lord, please forgive me for all of the times I have complained for not having a bigger TV or the latest clothes. How shallow I can be.... Mold my heart to be more like yours. Make it more sensitive to others' needs and not just my own.

No comments: