Sunday, August 18, 2013

Classroom Tour


My yarn wreath on my door. So fun!


The view from the door. As you can see, my SMARTboard has been replaced by a 77 inch TV. A select few classrooms have TVs now, and eventually all classrooms in the district will have them. They are more cost efficient and allows the teacher to manipulate the board anywhere in the room with a tablet. 


The back of my room. I LOVE my chair balls!! 


My first ever word wall. This will be for vocabulary words from our literacy units. 


My desk is in the back corner by the window and my library runs along the wall. I replaced my original chevron rug with this $20 find from Ikea.


My reading group table, laptop and iPad cart is on the other side of the room. The shelves hold book sets and math manipulatives. 


The front of my room. Chevron fabric is from Hobby Lobby. I'm always looking for ways to brighten up every space, so this year I put Christmas lights around my whiteboards. 


Writing proficiency board


Classroom data board 


Student supply area


Lots of books!! Clear tubs house specific authors or series. Blue tubs have fiction genres, and the red tubs have non fiction books. 


Calendar and writing goal chart. So excited to use the goal chart I found on TPT! 

So that's basically all! I'm excited to begin my new year tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Gina said...

Your room looks fantastic sweetheart! You always do such an awesome job! Good luck! You will do great. Love you dearly!