Saturday, June 8, 2013

Five Miles

One of these days, I will be able to run five miles. Today was not the day...

Before.... Scared

After: relieved

I ran the first mile, ran/walked the next three miles, and walked almost the whole last mile. It was tough. My friend Laura and her friend, who happens to be a personal trainer, came with us. They both run marathons and five miles is not a big deal to them. They run it daily. My legs felt like they were going to fall off by mile four. However I'm glad I did it, and it made me take a look at those two and set some goals for myself. 

First, I still want to lose 25 more pounds. Well actually, it's down to 23 now. I've lost 12 lbs in the last four months since I started running. I would like to accomplish this goal by the beginning of September. That's just two lbs a week. Very doable!

Second, I want to run five miles without stopping while being able to carry on a conversation. 

Third, I want to begin lifting weights to tone my squishy post-baby body. I know this will give me a much better shape! I am joining a gym right after payday! I'm super excited to get back into Zumba, yoga, and learn how to lift weights. I'm pretty clueless about that!

Fourth, I want to run a half marathon. There is Soaring Wings in October, but if I don't feel ready by then, there is another one in my hometown next year in April. 

So those are some pretty lofty goals. I never thought they would be mine!!! 

No comments: