Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time Flies


Yesterday Griffin turned one month old. Seriously?? A month has already passed?? Doesn’t seem possible…
So what has Griffin been up to? Well… He is in somewhat of a routine, but not consistent. He nurses one side every 2 hours. This past week, I’ve been trying to establish a 2.5 hour eating pattern. I’ve had some success and am praying it only gets better! We are going through a TON of diapers. I change him before he eats, and again after he eats. Sometimes again between feedings. Griffin likes to pee all over everything too. In fact, he has peed on his own face twice. Bless his heart… I know it’s all my fault, but the boy is dangerous unless he is covered at ALL times. It’s hard to do! Just tonight, as I was pulling his diaper off, he whizzed everywhere. But anyways, he sleeps some nights for 5-6 hour stretches. Other nights, he wakes every 2-3 hours. We usually roll out of bed around nine, sometimes ten. Our day consists of nursing, sleeping, tummy time, and of course changing those dirty diapers. While Griffin sleeps, I try and get at least one nap in with him. Other times, I am cleaning the house, doing laundry, or just relaxing and enjoying my baby. He is the sweetest and easiest baby. I love my new role as his momma!
I am finally feeling more normal at the one month mark. I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster this past month. Between my new responsibility and trying to figure out how to be his mom, being away from my mom, postpartum endometritisis, and all the hormonal changes, I’ve been feeling a little out of sorts. But I’m feeling much better now. If I could only lose the last 20 pounds of this baby weight and could fit back into my old pants, then I would be SOOO happy!

No comments: